Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Junkyard Frenzy


Junkyard Frenzy
This is a true story about when I visited the junkyard in Bloomington. So, one morning, my dad, his friend Mike and I went to a junkyard in Bloomington. It took us about an hour and a half since we live in Indianapolis. When we got there, there was junk everywhere. We saw cranes. I got a load of stuff, so my dad helped me carry it.  I did not use my own money. My dad bought my stuff for me. My favorite things I got were a little green tank, a gear, a saw blade, and a piece of stamped sheet metal. And when I say my favorite stuff, I mean my favorite. I had much more stuff. That was just my favorite stuff. Mike got two surprisingly big chunks of aluminum and some cast iron benches. My dad got metal springs and some were yellow and some were blue and one was orange.  It was twenty-five cents a pound. All of me and my dad’s things put together were fifteen dollars. I think I heard Mike say his stuff was forty-five dollars! A few days later, my mom and I did some math on that and it was 180 pounds! He carried it all at once. I found real treasure the day of the Junkyard Frenzy.

No comments:

Post a Comment