Monday, March 25, 2013

The Dooms of the Dunes chapter 15

     
Minutes later,    Jierra, Edlia, and Dave were seated by Horace in the Dining Hall to eat.  Horace sat at one end of the table and Edlia sat at the other end. Jierra sat next to Edlia and Dave sat on the other side of Edlia.   They had cold Cheerios with milk. They each got a glass of wine for their drink. Edlia was twenty-three, and who knows how old Horace was? At least he was a grownup. But Dave and Jierra were still kids.  Dave was sixteen and Jierra was thirteen. "I'm not allowed to drink wine," they said in unison.  Edlia immediately said, "I'll drink it!" So they handed their gold goblets to her and Horace got them some orange juice. Then Horace said,"You can tell who is a Dirtier by searching for gold goo on their faces."  
 Jierra examined his face. No gold goo. Just scaly green skin. "I admit that I am not a dirtier," said Horace. "I work for them because I am poor. I am a genie. Only I cannot grant wishes for myself. So I want you to wish that I am rich for me. In return, I will scrape the gold goo off the Dirtiers' faces. They will have no power left and Mozar and the other little children will be okay. I will stop working for the Dirtiers if only you will wish that I am rich."

No comments:

Post a Comment