Wednesday, April 9, 2014

The Three Sisters Chapter Four

"You might be feeling terrible for more than three months," finished the doctor. "I order you to stay at Laura's house until you feel one hundred percent better. Now, here is some medicine. Take one tablespoon every morning after breakfast. Come see me again in precisely three weeks, same time, same day." Beth made a face. The medicine looked like diarrhea.

The minute Beth walked in the door,  Laura rushed over. "I've been fired from my job!" she wailed. "Apparently I did terrible on that last play.  I called the bank, and they said that I would lose my house  in two weeks!" "Oh, what shall we do?" said Laura and Beth in unison. They had jinxed, but they were both too panicky to say so. "I'll call Rikky," said Beth. "I'm sure she'll let us stay at her house. After all, she is home from vacation." Beth ran upstairs to the phone. Laura held her breath and waited.
About thirty seconds later, Laura heard a shriek.

No comments:

Post a Comment