Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Runaway Groom Chapter 2

 
   
              "Would you like to come to my house?" asked John. Jierra squinted at him. "It is your decision, ma'am. You do not have to if you do not want to," said John. "Oh no, I'd be delighted. I just got a bit suspicious because I was not sure why a man would ask me over when we just met on the street and have not had that large of a conversation yet. But I accept your invitation," said Jierra. So they walked to John's house. There was not much in the little cottage. A couch, a table, a chair, a glass cabinet with a china teapot, cup, and saucer, a bed with pillows and a quilt, and a fridge. Jierra had a plastic cup of coffee and her pocketbook in her hands, and because she had the coffee, John did not offer her anything to drink.



   A year later, John and Jierra had been dating for a long time. John was ready to get rich. He decided that the next day he would ask Jierra the question he needed to ask her.

4 comments:

  1. I don't know what he's going to ask her, but they might have a problem, her drinking coffee and he's set-up for tea...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad it worked out for her. I was concerned she was so quick to go by herself to the home of a stranger. She seems like a very trusting girl, especially after leaving her pocketbook on the table while she entered a coffee shop.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Erin,
      It HASN'T worked out for Jierra yet.

      Delete
  3. Roy, he would give her coffee out of the teapot.

    ReplyDelete