Thursday, November 7, 2013

My Trip to the Promise Monsters Factory - Chapter 1


One day I was invited to visit the Promise Monsters Factory to see how the Promise Monsters were made and to design my very own Smarshmallow.  Smarshmallows are basically small, cute fluffy un-named Promise Monsters.  When my brother, my mother, and I arrived, Mike and his wife Erin and Mike's daughter, Zoe, were there. Zoe was eight years old, almost nine, just like me. Mike, Erin, and Zoe led us into a small room. There were boxes piled up by the door, a closet, and a table in the corner. We watched as Zoe made Promise Monster buttons. She placed something silver in a small machine, and on top of that a small, circular piece of paper with a Promise Monsters design on it. Then a small, clear, circle of plastic. Zoe then pressed down on the machine. It made a clicking- like sound, like a stapler. Finally, she pulled out a shining new Promise Monster button. My family and I oohed and aahed.


Then, they led us into a larger room with sewing machines surrounding us. Mike's son Jack was sewing  at one of them and a woman at another.  Farther back into the room, there were two counters, with an opening between them. Back by the sewing machines, there was a very large red machine with ginormous plastic bubbles bulging out of its sides and front.  Erin opened up the front and helped me load the giant stuffing machine. She then closed the door and had me press a button, and blades started chopping up the stuffing. Then, the Company led us into another room that had a closet within. It was time to design the Smarshmallow. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment