Tuesday, May 27, 2014

My Dream of the Cheek-Chewing Gopher

One night I had a dream. In my dream, I was sent to a public school.  The kids did not appear to have  specific faces, they just hung out in blurred groups in the background. Actually, I'm not even sure if there were any kids in the classroom. My classroom was small and dark, like a cellar, and it was unusually empty, no desks, no blackboard, no anything.  Well, since I was only dreaming, this didn't seem the slightest bit unusual, quite on the contrary, it seemed perfectly ordinary. Perhaps this is because peculiar things do occur often in dreams. Well, anyway, we were having a perfectly ordinary school day, and then the teacher walked over to me. Well, I do remember one desk, located in a corner of the classroom. I strongly suspect that the reason I remember it is because he led me over to it. It must have been his. On it sat a mirror. I looked in it. I could see the teacher standing behind me in the mirror. Then... slowly... no, it couldn't be... but it was... slowly, the teachers face began to warp. He soon turned into a...GOPHER! And he began to chow down on my cheek, saying, "Gnaw, gnaw, gnaw!" in a crazy sort of way that gave me the impression of a maniac firing his bullets madly at his unfortunate victim.



It was all over. I woke up.

No comments:

Post a Comment